- How to Purchase: Use the red buy button next to each image on the Revs Digital Library to purchase them.
- Contact: Please feel free to email us at email@example.com. You can also contact the library staff by phone Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM Eastern Time at +1 (239) 687-7387.
|Non-Commercial Bundle||Publishing Bundle||Broadcast Bundle||Sales Bundle|
|Single Use||$40 per image||$75 per image||$150 per image||$250 per image|
|Multiple or Perpetual Use||$200 per image||$375 per image||$750 per image||$1,250 per image|
|Details||Individuals (including personal research), car clubs, historical societies, and museums may purchase images at the non-commercial rate and may not be resold. All other uses are commercial.||Licensing for the primary purpose of one-time publication of purchased image in any standard print (physical and digital) format, including books, magazines, and digital publications.||Licensing for the primary purpose of one-time use in film, TV, streaming (including YouTube, Vimeo, etc.), or video broadcast, for any language, worldwide.||Licensing for one-time use in an auction, marketing campaign, or sales activity. Includes selling automobiles, automobilia, clothing, and more.|
|Promotional Campaign Use||Not applicable.||Includes one-time promotional campaign use, in support of the primary purpose licensing, to be used within 1 year of license purchase.||Includes one-time promotional campaign use, in support of the primary purpose licensing, to be used within 1 year of license purchase.||Included in purchase of license.|
|Tier 1 Single Use||$1,800 for 60 images per year||$3,000 for 60 images per year||$6,000 for 60 images per year||$11,000 for 60 images per year|
|Tier 1 Multiple Use||$8,000 for 60 images per year||$15,000 for 60 images per year||$30,000 for 60 images per year||$50,000 for 60 images per year|
|Tier 2 Single Use||$3,600 for 120 images per year||$6,000 for 120 images per year||$12,000 for 120 images per year||$21,000 for 120 images per year|
|Tier 2 Multiple Use||$16,00 for 120 images per year||$30,000 for 120 images per year||$60,000 for 120 images per year||$100,000 for 120 images per year|
|Tier 3 Single use||$7,200 for 240 images per year||$12,000 for 240 images per year||$24,000 for 240 images per year||$42,000 for 240 images per year|
|Tier 3 Multiple Use||$32,000 for 240 images per year||$60,000 for 240 images per year||$120,000 for 240 images per year||$200,000 for 240 images per year|
|Group Sales Referral Benefit||10 free images to the referrer, given out separately from current Group Sales Tier.||10 free images to the referrer, given out separately from current Group Sales Tier.||10 free images to the referrer, given out separately from current Group Sales Tier.||10 free images to the referrer, given out separately from current Group Sales Tier.|
*Group sales are offered on a calendar year (January-December) basis. All group sales images must be purchased within this timeline.
*Unused images from a group sale may not be rolled over to forthcoming year(s) and may not be refunded.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Image Use: All images reproduced are for one-time use only. Images may not be copied, modified, or altered without prior written permission.
- Format: Most files are sold as an unwatermarked TIFF digital file, approximately 4,000 pixels on the long dimension. The file creates prints up to 13″ (34 cm) on the long edge at 300 dpi. Revs Institute sells only digital files, not prints. Born digital collections feature images originally taken by a digital camera that may have various formats in file types and pixel dimensions, and may manifest in varying qualities when printed or viewed digitally. These images cannot be scanned to a higher resolution and are sold as-is.
- Watermarks: Watermarks may not be removed or altered without prior written permission. Images sold by Revs Institute do not contain a watermark.
- Delivery: Processing time depends on the complexity of the order, but most orders are filled in 1 business day. There is no rush fee.
- Metadata: Every effort is made to create accurate metadata (including event, year, photographer, and description information) for the images on the Revs Digital Library, but staff are limited to the information that is available at the time.
- Image Quality: Images are provided as-is. Please note that the images are digitized for archival purposes. The digital file is a faithful representation of the physical image at the time of scanning, includes any imperfections on the original image, and is not retouched or edited for aesthetics.
- Scanning at Higher Resolution: Most images are 35mm negatives or transparencies, digitized to 4,000 pixels on the long edge, yielding the equivalent of a 300 dpi 8 x 10 inch photographic print. We can scan even higher than this at an additional cost, but it may result in a larger file, with no added detail, and introduce possible unwanted noise into the image. Digitized images are limited by the amount of detail in the original negative or transparency, and standard digitization reveals all details already within the image. High resolution may yield more detail, but it is not guaranteed.
- Contribution Copy: Revs Institute requests a complimentary copy of any book using its images.
- Volume Discount: Orders of 10 or more images receive a 10% discount on the total order.
- Credit: The following credit must be attached to each published image: Courtesy of Revs Institute, [Title of Image Collection]. For example: Courtesy of Revs Institute, George Phillips Photograph Collection.
Due to the volume of collections and processing priorities, there are some collections in the backlog awaiting processing, digitization, and upload to the Revs Digital Library. To increase access to the collections in the backlog, Revs Institute’s research team offers research services to attempt to find, digitize, and license images from these collections for a fee. There is a base research fee of 2 hours ($50 per hour for non-commercial and $100 per hour for commercial), and research can be extended in 2-hour increments. All billings are invoiced and paid through PayPal only. New research requests will enter the existing research requests queue and Revs Institute’s researchers will respond as soon as possible, and while extensive research is undertaken, please note that finding the requested material is not guaranteed. Normal image licensing fees will apply to any images found and licensed through the research process; please see the above charts for more information on image licensing.
Revs Institute offers research services for a fee. There is a base research fee of 2 hours ($50 per hour for non-commercial and $100 per hour for commercial), and research can be extended in 2-hour increments. All billings are invoiced and paid through PayPal only. New requests enter the existing queue and Revs Institute team will respond as soon as possible. The staff undertakes extensive research, but please note that finding the requested material is not guaranteed. The staff will look through its various formats, including text, images, audio, and video. Depending on copyright, Revs Institute may digitize and license these items for individual use. Normal image licensing fees will apply to any images found and licensed through the research process. Textual materials do not need to be individually licensed, but the time spent on digitization will be included in the research time.